“Blogging is to writing what extreme sports are to athletics: more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, writing out loud.”

-Andrew Sullivan

Monday 13 January 2014

Shooting Day

Shooting Day


     Before the day of the shoot, I prepared all the necessities we would need to carry out a successful thriller. I needed to remember our storyboard due to the fact it was the key to knowing exactly what we needed to carry out for our thriller. We also had props we needed to get ourselves before the day; Pro plus tablets, alcohol bottles, cereal boxes, crisps, a newspaper, clothes etc. 
    
    In the morning of the shoot I was eager and raring to go, but I was also a bit nervous as I had never filmed anything properly like this before, so it was all new to me, and I was a little worried that we wouldn't get everything done in time, but really there was nothing to worry about as the day went to plan extremely well.
   
  When we arrived for the shoot, I was very prepared and I had brought everything with me that I needed to bring, whereas my other two colleagues were not as organized, there were a few things they had forgotten to bring to the shoot, so our schedule had to be delayed due to the fact we had to get these items. Before we could even start we had to set up the room to suit our protagonist in the thriller; he is an Inspector who is an alcoholic, so his flat would be very messy with hints of alcohol bottles everywhere. To do this we just messed the room up, by opening a packet of crisps and dumping on the table next to a glass of vodka, with the open bottle, the TV still on etc.
     
     The location of the turrets was in a very quiet country area, it was very small; it had a small lounge, with a small kitchen in the corner of the room. I thought that we created the concept of the look we wanted exactly, with the flat looking like it did; I don’t think we could have done it any better. On the shoot day we all played a role, first I played the role as the director calling “roll camera” “cut” “action”. We had three different areas in the room we wanted to film, first I was director, then on the camera filming and then on sound. I was particularly good at setting up the room in order to film; I was also very good at smoothly moving the camera to show our actor getting dressed, so whenever we needed the camera to be moved whilst filming I took over. The only minor problem we had on our shoot day, towards the end of the day, was that it getting dark outside quickly and we needed to portray that it was in the morning so it had to look bright outside. Luckily we had two big side lights to use to show that it was light outside and it worked extremely well. The most successful part of the shoot was the day going to plan, so everything else just fell into place very well, we were with our schedule. The part I enjoyed the most about the shoot was filming on the camera, I really enjoyed doing that and experimenting each time, with different shots. I am really looking forward to seeing the film in the edit; I am most looking forward to seeing my part that I filmed.
    Our production group worked really well as a team, although we were quite quiet at first and not sure where to start as soon as we got going, we were all very cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment